View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

It doesnt matter bro. Function wise is the same. It's just whatever else you want to come with its ability to control to boost. I have both the GReddy Profec-B spec1 and spec2. Spec1 ownz spec2 by far. The spec2 has some pretty display but it really sux trying to get it to adjust right. So I sold that shit and kept my spec1.

I also had the TurboXS manual boost controller. It worked great but it only has one setting.

There are benefits to EBC's, just depends on what brand. I prefer GReddy Profec-B spec1 (1st gen):

1) Depending on what kind, you can have a minimum of 2 setting- Hi or Lo. You can have the low setting for street and daily driving and Hi setting for track/race use.

2) Gain adjustment is another great thing. You'll be able to adjust boost "on the go".

3) Balance adjustment is another feature which pretty much allows the user to adjust the sensitivity of boost reaction. You can make boost either slowly build up or slam on certain RPM range.

4) Others can display boost reading digitally like the GReddy Spec2 and AVC-R.

I've seen a lot of people use the TurboXS dual solenoid system. This is a manual boost controller with remote switch that allows the user to select whether to be in LO or HI setting. Simple to use and very effective.

Just remember that either type of boost controller will only raise boost from its original spring tension. If the spring tension (on external WG) or diaphragm actuator (on internal wastegate) is set at 8 psi, any type of boost controller will only raise that up. It will never control or lower boost below the spring or diaphragm set point.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote