View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #85
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
still, we're the only ones who contemplate the notion of a higher being, that I think would make us special.

by god's image, i don't know if that was supposed to mean physical, mental, moral or what. since at first adam/eve lived w/out sin they were in a sense perfect like god.

also during the times of adam and eve, i'm sure they're diet was almost exclusivly vegetarian, like a rabbit, since there was no death or killing. so yeah, it may have had a function at one time, and as food became more and more processed and our diet included more and more meat, the need for an appendix decreased. then again there's studies that say its a vital part of the immune system in our younger years, so who knows.

Contemplation is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. So what if we contemplate things? It doesn't make them true. I can contemplate that god is really a metaphor for aliens who came here in space ships and created us. Does that make it true? No...but there's about as much evidence to support it as any other creation/evolution theories.

Personally, I would prefer not to be made in god's image. If you read the bible, it makes it seem like god loves us infinitely, but if you fuck up once and don't repent it's your ass in the afterlife. It's like he's a prankster. According to the bible, he gives man free will and instincts...then sets the rules in opposition. Be fruitful and multiply...but no sex before marriage or with birth control. He puts things in front of you that you are inately programmed to want, but expects you not to partake. To quote "The Devil's Advocate", "Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste...don't swallow. And while you're jumping from one foot to the next, he's laughin' his sick fuckin' ass off". Ok..maybe not that last part (it's part of the quote, but debateable), but that's basically the way I feel religion works. Deny ALMOST EVERY instinct you have and you'll be accepted. It's bullshit.

As for Adam & Eve's diet...I remember them eating fruits and vegetables...but I must have missed out on the part where they ate grass and leaves and other rough folliage. That could just be me, though.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote