View Single Post
Old 01-26-2002, 12:34 AM   #5
tightteg52

Re: Need some mods opinions please

Quote:
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
Ok well guys now since i have just bought my Teg i need some upgrades like intake, bolt on exhaust or headers.but i want stuff that is cheap. ok wat kind of intake should i go with... Ractive or AEM? wat kind of bolt on exhaust (no catback)??
or how about headers?? but if u cna help thanx very much.

Chris
94 Integra

Hold on there buddy lets slow it down for a minute first things first if you are gonna THINK about modding only use the best save the cash and do it right dont go wastin cash to say that YOU HAVE it do it right a stock car will get more props then a rushed car i know from experience!!

Ok you said its between Aem and ractive!!! now thats a joke Aem wins that one hands down!! if you want exhaust ther e are two ways to go that are worth it buy a cat back kit from greddy apex-i pick a well known company and you've got a winner but the way i'd do it if i were to keep my teg would be go to a muffler shop and get it custom and think about what you are gonna do if turbo is in your future then 3-3.5 piping should do ya well but if no tubo the 2-2.5 with no bigger then a 3 inch tip or you will sound like a bumble bee on crack!!

no on to HEADER no S (sorry pet peve) dc sports is the way to go i heard the 4-2-1 is better for top end and the 4-1 is for low end but im not sure how reliable that source was! that is your basic mods right there but if you want more go which you will we all do then you have a few choices Stick n/a very expensive and to go REALLY fast requires high compression and race gas. choice two go turbo and build up gradually pistons rods etc. and build up boost or three get a new car with more potenial thats what im doing anly cause my tegs a auto! also a great mod is a short shifter i heard dc sports is really good. so good luck and happy parts hunting!

ps dont order from a shady place always go to a well known place even if it costs a little more aint that right truheel? **cough** diablo motorsports **cough**