View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #4
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

Re: 99si shifting problems

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
I really need your help. As I left the gas station the other day, I found that I was having trouble shifting. For one, when I try and shift, it feels like the shifter is stuck in place, thus making it difficult to pull out of gear. In addition, it is even more difficult to shift into another gear. Having driven this car for quite some time, it doesn't seem as if the clutch is bad. Once I'm actually in gear, the car feels normal. However, the problem is actually getting into gear. I just wanted to know if anyone knows why the gear is "grabbing." I have already changed the transmission fluid, and flushed/replaced the hydraulic clutch fluid. If anyone can help me figure out this problem please let me know. The only thing I can think of is that something is causing the clutch to not disengage properly, and that the clutch may be going bad. I have no experience in this area, and if anyone could give me some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

You know its common for hondas to have hard shifting problems. I got an 01 civic ex and sometimes it feels hard to put into gear, or are times when I can go to first gear.
Most of all, I hate going into reverse. Gear doesnt fully go to reverse unless I do it hard.

BTW what clutch fluid and where do I buy it.
I just did a transmission oil change and my gears feels way better. It goes into place easy. However, it did not stop the grinding. 2nd gear grinds.
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote