View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
juvenile

Re: WOHOO! Compustar's new alarm

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
Finally compustar has there new alarm out. Using spread spectrum technology, the range is 1.25 miles. You can check there web site for some local dealers. I'm not sure on a price yet, i gotta call up one of my friends at a local car audio place see if they've even got em yet.

I'm not sure if the other models are upgradable, but if they are i just may have to get one.

http://www.compustar.org

to answer your question

"New CompuSTAR line introduced by Firstech, Inc. is now upgradeable...

Firstech, Inc. has introduced an all-new third generation line up for 2002. It will consist of an AM (amplitude modulation) introductory one-way unit, an FM (frequency modulation) 447MHz two-way unit and an SS (spread spectrum) 900MHz two-way unit that has a transmitting distance of up to 1.25 miles. All three of the newly released models come in alarm only, starter only and alarm/starter combinations. The new line will also give one the ability to upgrade from one system to the next by simply changing antenna kits and programming the desired transmitter. This will still require technician support so contact your authorized CompuSTAR dealer for details."