Thread: Gaygaygaygay
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 06:33 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think that's the biggest problem...the lack of tracks and people's ignorance about where they are and when they're open. Around here you're lucky to get in a few months of racing during a season before it gets cold again. Up in Kansas City there are really only 2 tracks that are even a remote possibility. KCIR...which is still about 45 minutes away from where I live, and that one, until this year when they repaved it, sucked so bad you couldn't have paid me to race there. Then there's Heartland Park in Topeka which is NHRA material...one of the quickst tracks I've ever seen...but it's a little over an hour and a half away. Down here there's Mo-Kan Raceway...about 30 minutes away...but it's not much better than racing on the street. It's so rundown and shit that it's pathetic. I don't participate in organized street racing. Those guys always seemed kinda gay to me. I will, however, enjoy the occasional stoplight encounter from time to time. I don't think there's anything wrong with that so long as you don't get out of hand and use your head. Let's see....which is more expensive...building new tracks or using police force to patrol street racing spots, ambulance fees, and paying someone to scrape a person off the road?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote