View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...my reasons for voting for Kerry (if I don't send avwrite in vote for myself...which would rule) are twofold. First of all, this country has virtually no third party system which is a joke. In this country people can't accept the fact that you can be neither republican or democrat. You just about have to be one or the other. The closest we've ever come to a real 3rd party candidate was Perot...and look what happened there. Secondly, living in a democratic society would imply that you believe in the best man for the job. To me, Bush has had hish chance, shown he's a fuck up, and I like what I'm hearing from Kerry better. Even though he's by no means leaps and bounds better, I look at Kerry as the better man for the job. Do I think Kerry will be able to put more than 25% of his ideas into action? No...especially not if the congress is still controlled by republicans. I just think Bush had a unique chance to do something really incredible with this country given all that's happened in the world in the last 3 3/4 years and he basically bent us over and did us dry. We're a punchline to a joke in the 2/3 of the world that hates us because of this guy and his lackeys. I'd like to see that change and Bush isn't so much as suggesting that he'd even try. It's his way or no way. That's not the way shit's supposed to work. For further information, read my post about Howard Zinn on the "war on terror".
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote