View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Nelsmar
1st Gear

okay in the idle, you need to lower the idle, its on the pasanger side of the Throttle body or on the front end of it(twards bumper) usualy anyways.

your looking for a brass screw, you need a flat head screw driver, i think clockwise to clsoe valve, lower the idle rate. i think because of the SC its forcing MORE air than stock and it raises the idle slightly above stock. to fix this the IACV(intake air control valve?) tries to adjust the idle lower, and it keeps bouncing cause of the SC. try lowering that.

your running to rich? get a peice of cheese cloth or thin cloth maby some nylon folded twice.
stick this in the vacuume line on the Y; stick it on the part of the Y that goes to the fuels pressure regulator
where is that? its usualy on the driver side of the engine... on the fuel rail. there is a tube comes off that goes to firewall and a small plastic tube on back that is a vacuum line, follow it to the Y conenctor(its easier to put it here) mess around wiht different thicknesses of the cloth and gun it each time and see if yoru still running to rich.

i know i know it sounds terrible but it works temporarily.
i used cheesecloth in my friends 91 si HB (CX swap... dunno wher ethe si went lmao... waitin for zc in december)

oh and if the idle didnt fix it you need to realign your TPS that COULD be the problem on a crrx i think .42 volts.... (si ecu) if you need help on that tell me.

feel free to write me if my text just doesnt make sense
---nelsmar.public@gmail.com
Nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote