View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 04:09 PM   #23
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52

hybrid hate to shoot your idea down and all but how is he gonna get the power to the ground he needs to upgrade the suspension also or he will just spin tires all day and if you wanna do that my friend its gonna cost you in the neighborhood of 10-12 g's considering car used w/ high milage for lowe rprice around 4,000,drag kits are another 3,500 gsr power plant another 3,000 for full swap thats 11,000 there and maybe your into the 13.5 range internals including labor is another 3,000 or so thats 14,000 and throw in the suspension and 1,500 your looking at the neghborhood of 15,000 if you can do most work on your own and get the stuff for a fair price. all in all it comes down to are you willing to spend all that to shut one guy up cause you need some DEEP pockets. I almost fogot to mention i've looked up these prices to many times but i think i off on the engine but im not sure also w/ that setup tuned right you will be looking at low 12's high 11's if your a good driverbut hell if you got the money keep us updated!
$3k for a full swap? whered you get that from? it wouldnt cost $3k to swap in an engine. with a built motor on a turbo he should be running low 11's perhaps even dipping into the 10's if tuned properly. so you didnt really shoot down my idea, its still alive and well. suspension doesnt net you power, it helps put the power down and so does a better clutch. but i figured if hes gonna research, then ill add that.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote