View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 06:59 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

First off, I'm not saying not to piece your own turbo together, but it could get difficult if you do not have the tools and resources for it. Are you gonna do it yourself? The piping will be your longest downtime. You will have to either get a shop to make it for you, unless you can weld your own.....

That turbo is a T3 super60. One of the best to put in a D-series motors. The price is too high tho. With less than that amount, I can get a T3T04e hybrid from that same website. Search around, the turbo doesnt have to be brand new! It just has to be rebuild and recondition like most of the turbos in that site. A reconditioned/rebuilt turbos are just as reliable since the internal journal bearings are replaced and blades are rebalanced. To keep your A/C, you will have to get a turbo manifold that will retain A/C. You have to have the fan for the A/C to make the A/C work. If you have to, get a pusher type fan and mount it on the front of the A/C condenser. It will work just as good.

What fuel management do you plan on using? You listed SAFC and missing link. I dont see why you want to do that. Read my previous thread on management units again. If I was you, drop the SAFC or VAFC and just go straght up Hondata and 440cc injectors. It will be wayyyyy worth it. Or, get a VAFC (not SAFC because you have VTEC) and a set of DSM 450cc injectors (or RC 440cc saturated injectors), then follow my procedures on AFC "hack". You do not need a missing link for any of these set-up.

Chepaturbo.com is a great site. That is where I get most of my turbo stuff. Go to www.homemadeturbo.com main site and their forums to get more info if I'm starting to confuse you... later bro. Let me know wazzzzz up

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote