Thread: loneliness
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #26
GirlRacer

My $.02 would have to be for her to just keep in touch. Keep phone calls current and you could even make a "hushhush" phone call to them (if you know them) and ask them to send her a nice "just for hello" card every once in a while, or take the time to send a little package. (with some earrings or a new pair of shoes). As you know biker-my mother whom I've never been more than 15 mins. away from my entire life moved 6 hours away and she does these things for me and it makes me really happy and helps me deal with missing her.

My family is all close though, we talk almost every day (my mother and I, my dad & I), and if I don't speak to one of the 2 for over 24-48 hours they both get upset and worried. I'm 23 years old and we still do this.

Get her a webcam system set up with them where she can see them and they can see her... if this is possible?

It helps me alot to be able to sign on yahoo messenger and turn on my mom's webcam and see her and my stepdad and brother and their dogs and they show me new things they got, stuff like that.