View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man do I ever love the military

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralDzur
And FYI - the reason that the military is staunchly against homosexuality (in the service) is because it detracts from unit morale, cohesion, and readiness. We had to take sooo many classes on avoiding interpersonal relationships with other people in a wartime environment. Having a homosexual in your squad would really change the dynamics of how the squad works together.

Morale? Yes...I'm sure morale is through the roof right now what with the people coming home daily in coffins and whatnot. As far as cohesion...I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm sure everyone in the military does not like everyone else in the military. Hell...people in the same units probably hate each other. And how the hell does it detract from readiness? Maybe in the civilian world they're like women and take too damned long to get ready...but when your wardrobe is severely limited to fatigues I'm sure this isn't an issue. So what's next? Kick out blacks because you don't like their music and you think they *might* commit a crime? Sounds silly, but I gaurantee you that people who have enough of a problem with gays to kick them out probably don't like blacks much, either.

Quote:
Does that clarify at all, or are they still completely stupid? Sorry, but when people rag on the military, it pisses me off.

Actually you clarified it and it's still completely stupid. Why would it piss you off when people rag on the military? I do it all the time. But unless you're a policy maker then nothing I say is aimed at you. Not like you have a choice in the matter.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote