View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #1
Ex-Tdo4

Fluidyne Radiator

Supsup every1. Long time since i've been here. Looks like nothing has changed around here. I still see the same ppl. Sup Thermal how u been? Well here's the update on my Greddy Turbo Powered Civic. Im quite happy with the the results of my setup. Im boosting 8lbs and kicking some ass. Well not really kicking ass, but to me yeah! im kicking ass. For some reason, my car is pulling harder and harder everyday. I thought maybe my MBC was not accurate and i was gaining boost, when at WOT my boost guage still reads right at 8lbs. I finally beat my friends Accord with h22 JDM motor. He's running mid to low 14's, so i know im somewhere around there. I pulled on him from the start and was ahead of him by like 1 and 1/2 car lengths by the time i hit about 100mph, so im quite happy. But the unfortunate thing that happened is that my stupid plastic honda radiator has busted at the top seal where it's plastic there. I've invested my money into a Fluidyne Radiator which cools down my car any where from 20 to 30% cooler than stock OEM radiators. They are pretty badass and made for aluminum... so no busting anymore. I will receive it probably by next Wednesday, so i'll update you guys on how that goes. But i have one main question.. what fan should i use now? I know the stock fan will no longer fit because the Fluidyne is thicker than stock. I was thinking of the F.A.L fan, its pretty neat and its hella thick, but im not sure if it's a direct fit onto the radiator and if the harness is also i direct fit. Is anyone running with a Fluidyne out there? If so .. let me know what you're using as far as the fan goes. I know i can go buy a universal think fan for like 70 bucks, but then i have to spice to wires from the factory harness, so i would rather use the F.A.L. fan which fit should fit perfectly and the harnesses match up also. Well if anyone knows anything about this let me know.. thanks, see ya guys later