Thread: Block Posting
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

I think that it will surely make a big difference. The key is not so much of higher compression, but a combination of both compression and boost level. My buddy has a sleeved LSVTEC set-up (366 whp @ 14 psi) but he fucked up by slapping too low of a compression pistons. Our calculation is yielding him mid-to high 8:1 compression. His car sux on the low end until the SC61 turbo spools up. My set-up (11:1 compression @ 9 psi T3T04e 57t .63 A/R) feels so much stronger on the low end of the RPM band. I think a 9.5-10.0 compression is a great combo on the streets paired with an SC-61 turbo on 10-14 psi tuned.....

Pdiggs... I thought about that idea before myself, about block posting and block guard, since block guards tend to sink in time. There are also problems with heat spots on block guards but I heard that the Golden Eagle version is much more efficient and less risky. Overall, I belive that it is not that bad of an idea to block post and block guard since block guards support mostly at the top of the cylinder anyway. The block post will strengthen and even out the rest of any possible tension and movement below the area of the block guard. I have also heard of people getting the block guard itself welded on the block. I'm not sure how effective that would be and how it's done.

So what's the plan pdiggs?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote