Thread: Hair.
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 07:43 AM   #24
beanbandit

Marijuana is not a pharmaceutical... its botonical, and I agree with u that it really serves little purpose... I've never smoked a cigarette and I've stopped drinking because I have a family history of severe depression (nice combo with the OCD huh...) and as alcohol is a depressant( I think u can probably get the picture)... I am not into illegal drugs (though I have done my share when I was younger)... My reference was geared towards perscription based "pharmaceuticals" ... items such as valium(diazepam), prozac(fluoxetine), and vicodan (hydrocodone) all of which can be of significant help 2 individuals with disorders such as depression, anxiety, or chronic pain... And just 2 set the record straight I am not one of those slackers looking 4 excuses and handouts and I don't knock off liquor stores 2 get cash 4 a "fix"... I use meds 2 help me be productive and live a more "stable" life... I am very sucessful at my job, I work on average 60 to 70 hours per week a in very physically demanding work environment and maintain a very busy schedule outside of work... My point in that original statement was that there are a lot of backward thinking religious fanatics that depend on faith to cure them and do not allow their followers 2 seek the proper attention needed 2 help with serious physical and mental ailments... "better living through pharmaceuticals"