View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 PM   #45
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah dude...I've raced GTPs and Lightnings in the Mustang and the Lightning put up a helluva lot more fight than the GTP. Yeah, it's heavier than the GTP but it's also packing over 100hp nad (my guess) better gearing. Wait until the next gen Lightnings...450hp with an extra 50hp boost coming at full throttle when freon is diverted from the A/C towards the intercooler. But I digress.

Here's my idea for Pontiac if they want to make the GTP a true player...QUICK USING THAT FUCKING DEATHLESS 3.8L! That engine's gotta be over 20 years old and they have yet to make any revisions to it. This is why GM sucks...a total lack of innovation. "Let's bring back the GTO, make it look like a glorified Grand Prix, and drop a motor in it that we've got lying around". Yeah, it's a detuned Vette motor. Yeah, it's finally RWD. But it's NOT imaginative or original. And please oh please let me pay close to $34K for a base model that'll still get it's ass handed to it by a Cobra. Sorry...just had to vent about the GTO there for a second. But the GTP could certainly benefit from some revisions. I'm not a Pontiac or even a GM man, but I'd love to see them do something significant.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote