View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 10:11 PM   #40
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
I've personally driven an SVT cobra and it isnt much fun until the boost kicks in. And for me it didnt kick in until the car was either floored or above 4krpm.

The beauty of a roots blower...boost is a function of throttle response. If you had floored it you would've gotten full boost pretty quick...around 2500rpm or so...maybe a bit lower. Roots blowers just act like turbos with pulleys.

As for the original point of this thread (if anyone remembers what that was), no way a GTP is holding with a Lightning unless the guy isn't trying or there's something seriously wrong with it. You can eliminate driver error since they're all automatics. As trucks go those things are beasts. I just wish I'd have bought one instead of my POS Slonoma.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote