Old 05-14-2004, 02:20 PM   #11
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
he spelled it VTEC, its vtec, non capitalized

who gives a f$ck!

Quote:
Originally posted by Daishi
From what I understand, there are a few diff types of VTEC, but as far as racing goes, it basicly puts out a higher output at higher rpms.

But as for inner-city driving goes, I keep the rpms low. Xcept the VTEC-E that I think closes a valve to save fuel. ANYWHO... If I were to find a good deal on a 4DR thats NOT VTEC, but even a 1.5L. Think thats fine for city driving.

Keeping in mind I want a 1992-1995 4DR OR Coupe. Not looking to take it to the strip, I want a quick car, sumthin sporty and fun.

Thanks again everyone

Joe

It sounds like u want good gas mileage and have good passing power. I would definately would reccomend a VTEC engine for someone who wants a bit of reliable power. Personally I think there is a substantial difference between a 1.5 non-vtec, and a D16Z. As far as gas mileage goes the only thing the D16Z gets hurt on is the gearing compared to the D15 trannies. In town I dont think there will be much difference (if at all). Unless u plan onto getting into VTEC constantly then your gas mileage will go down. I got 25-28 in town with my D16Z hatch (in VTEC constantly), 38-41 MPG babying it on the interstate with a D15B (long geared tranny).