View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 11:28 AM   #11
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by jweller
I've already made the decision to go all motor. If you mentioned FI, thanks but no thanks.

I've already spent considerable time and effort looking for parts for the F23. If you told me they weren't available: No kidding. If enough people start to ask for F series parts, maybe we will get them. Somebody has to be the first. 10 - 15 years ago you'd have been laughed at if you asked for any performance parts for a honda, but enough people asked, and now you can get them everywhere.

This won't be the first engine I've built, it won't be the last either. It is my first Honda engine though, so I thought that maybe I'd overlooked some suppliers.

SOHC can make considerable power with the right cam. I've already accepted that I will have to get a custom grind. I'm OK with that because I've heard a lot of people complain about the idle Q or some other problems on a lot of the aftermarket cams for other engines. If I have to try a couple of grinds before I get what I want, well thats life.

250whp is not impossible, difficult, but not impossible. Set a lofty goal and you may never reach it, but you will achieve greatness. strive for something attainable and what have you gotten? Mediocrity.

I asked a Q about finding parts for a built F series, I got one good response and a bunch of why i'm stupid and whats wrong with my plan responses. I've asked this Q before on other boards and really have heard the swap or turbo answers enough times to recite them in my sleep. Sorry if I jumped on somebody, but if you can't answer the Q then telling me that I should do something else does NOT help me at all. I know my options, I understand and accept the challenges, and I am willing to face them. I understand that I will have to spend a lot of money.

I've looked at the prelude swap. I understand what goes into it. I know the troubles to expect. I never said it wasn't feasable. The weight of a 6th gen accord is at most 250 - 300 lbs in favor of the lude. and that is from the heaviest accord to the lightest lude. In some cases, it's only about 50 lbs. The H22 swap isn't gonna make me any faster than the lude or a V6 accord.

If I pissed off people, So be it. That wasn't my intent, but I am very opinionated, and I'm not going to hold back what I think. I thought that a board dedicated to accord engine mods would be a good place to get a helpful response and support, not somewhere I would be told how bad my idea was.

For those of you who at least wished me good luck, Thanks!!!

Well it seems like you've made up your mind.

I wish nothing but the best of luck & the smoothest journey possible.

Please keep us posted. This is a story I would like to follow!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote