View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #40
Sivik

hey dude,

i know its tempting to take it out right away, but i suggest before taking it out again get your IC and BOV installed and then let it idle for a few minutes checking all connections and just "listen" to the engine. that way you can see if any problems are occuring in the safety of your garage. dbl check your ecu wiring because that is big part and your dont want to have that mess up while driving. i hope you also have at least 91 octane in your tank already so you won't detonate when test driving.

good for you on knowing to wait at least 500 miles to let the seals set. also, when your done and after driving a few days, check your oil lines, especially the oil return because that is known to leak unless you welded it.

BOV lines should be your normal sized vacuum hose (i dont remember what the size is off the top of my head) but the included tubing should fit.

i remember when i got mine all done and went to start my car, i saw the white steam coming off the turbo and i freaked until my boy explained it was normal. also, when i was driving around, my intake pipe to the turbo fell off!!! no biggy... but putting it back on with no tools on a HOT turbo sucked, so be sure to bring some tools with you. i always leave tools in my car now just in case anything ever happens.

sorry for the long post but sounds like you doing well and keep us informed!

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote