Thread: Men vs. Women
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 06:14 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

That's a little short sided I think...but then again men and women have different opinions of each other. I for one, being a man, DO notice the little things and do not take everything into a sexual connotation. Sure, I'll make jokes but they're merely that...jokes. Of course children will play with different toys. That's how you're socialized to be. Same with feelings. Men are socialized to display or act out their aggressions and certain emotions while women are taught the exact opposite...nice girls aren't mean or that it's ok to cry around others. This carries over into adult life as well. Men are taught to puff up their chests and attract women while women are taught to be the object of a man's desires. It's all biological...animals do the exact same thing...they just don't pretend it's more than that. Men are biologically programmed to sew as many "seeds" as possible while women are programmed to pick what they believe to be the best mate (these are, of course, generalizations because we've all had that friend or been that friend that went home with some boogawoof whilst on a drunken bender). My point being that perhaps if men and women weren't raised so differently perhaps we wouldn't deny our core instincts like we do. Maybe the true person could emerge and THAT'S what you'd see in Cosmo or Maxim. I don't think we're really all that different.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote