View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
HondaGUY2005

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
well think about it. you've quite possibly one of the biggest motors ever put into a honda car (might not be true, but it is big). And you're putting it into a hella light econobox civic. Just look at a prelude or accord's engine bay, and compare it with yours. Big difference isn't there? There will probably be a lot of custom fabrication involved. You're going to need welding tools and lift, for sure. You're going to want to plan for a few months of downtime as you work all of the bugs out. Not only will you have wiring nightmares, but you've got to assume not all of you're car systems are going to be happy.

I've also heard that the brake master cylinder gets in the way of the intake manifold. relocation time! fun fun!

alternator clearance is another issue.

Then you've got to make sure you're hood will close.

and after all that, you get to peice together a new suspension system, cause your car is probably going to handle like crap.

Now, I've never actually done any of this, I'm just speculating based on what I've heard. But take the advice everyone is going to give you: If you haven't done a swap before, don't start with this.

ok kool, thanks for answering