Thread: D series Power
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:39 AM   #40
silver

i'm so tired of hearing about the if you did this and i heard this and stuff. use what you "know" not what you heard.

a turbo vs. na setup on the same motor with the same whp and all the same variables will not give you a turbo will always win or na will always win. the only way you could even begin to guess who would win without racing is to look at the dynos. looking at merely the peak hp and making sure that they are the same does not mean that you are comparing apples to apples. is the peak hp and tq made at the same rpm? what about fuel/air/spark, both setups will not have the same settings, not possible. claiming that anyone will beat the other one was a bad idea for an observation with just a little thought.

you cannot compare an h22 to a d motor and the gains that they would make on paper or on a dyno. too many other factors will play a part in such a race. weight and distribution, suspension setups, everything would play a role, not just the motor. turbo d series eg with a t28 ball bearing of an sr20det plus all the other necessary setup to complete it, putting down 262hp @12psi to the wheels, apexi n1 coilovers plus lots of other susupension goodies, with a/c and all the other nicities, runs a 13.1 e.t.(after 3 runs) how do i know this? i built the car, using the turbo from my s14, which dynoed mid 400's in hp earlier in the day, and had my ass handed to me while running a 13.6. he had a higher trap speed then me as well. price of the turbo setup? $3700. that includes an upgraded clutch also. and it ran on nitto 555's. i understand he has since run a 12.6 with slicks. (i ran the car also and put down a 13.8 on just one run) now would you like to know what that car did to the h22 powered ek hatch with i/h/e? h22 ran a 13.9...i was the driver. that was my best run, i couldn't get traction...and my daily driver is a spec-v, so it's not like i don't have the experience with tq heavy fwd cars.

the h22 is an ass kicker motor, but it takes just as much work as any other motor to make it fast, like every motor it has as many cons as pros. there are so many factors to building a car that these silly arguments will never solve until you actually go head to head with controlled variables.

feel free to ask me for more real world examples.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote