Thread: D series Power
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #35
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
well after all your writing you seemed to leave out a few details, like how much your h22 swap is really gonna cost, 1800 is not it BTW. I looked into it too, used to think the same as you until i realized that it'd cost about the same as doing a GSR swap but with more of a pain in the ass and either no a/c or power steering. i also like how you used the cheapest price possible for an h22(i've never seen 'em for 1800 shipped) yet go on with high ass prices for the turbo d series.

then you go on to argue about how were talking about 12's when i replied to SOMEONE ELSE about how its easy to get a turbo'd d civic into 13's.

and going by your #'s up there of how much it'll cost to turbo/rebuild a dseries engine, if it cost that much they better be making well over 300whp if not 400, just like the engine from the link could handle, only they're using a pretty small turbo.

Ok well we are talking about what he did make not what he could. If he went with a larger turbo then u have more lag, and less drivability. So its really a toss up there.

U want me to spell it out for u????

ok.

-H22A engine, ECU, tranny, shifter cables, shifter assembly, resistor box... $1900
-HASPORT mount kit $650
-HASPORT modified rear tranny bracket $75
-Driveshaft shop hybrid stage one axles $400
-ECU OBD II to OBD I adapter (if needed) $220
-prelude throttle cable $20
-home modified Civic wiring harness
-home modified transmission tunnel
-home modified exhaust
-Ebay short ram $40
total = $3305
(Give your self about 200 dollars for the home moding parts)
ok so we are here at 3500 dollars and should run around 13.4's
on slicks.