Thread: D series Power
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 07:54 AM   #23
Honda_Tengoku

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: D series Power

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
alot of civics with just a turbo kit and proper tuning run in the 13's, and they still have a/c and power steering.

H22A shipped 1800 dollars.
Turbo kit for 2000 dollars? What are u nuts. U have to put an intercooler on it too. When its all said and done your looking at 3,000 for the turbo kit. Lets not forget the machine work and the parts he put in. you are looking at atleast 1500 dollars for the machine work not to mention all the other parts. So what we are looking at 2,000 to 3,000 dollars for all the parts and machine work plus 3,000 for the turbo kit. Hmm 5,000 to 6,000 dollars, thats not including the exhaust, and clutch. Like I said. H22, is cheaper and it will get u there faster.

Ohh BTW I have heard 8-10 pounds of boost, drag radials/ or slicks, proper ECU tune can get u into high 13's in a hatch. Yes I am well aware of that. We are talking about 12's not 13's. I dont know whyu want to throw this in there. There is a HUGE difference trying to get a car into the 13's and getting one into the 12's. I have owned a 12 second car (FYI it was not a honda). It appears quite apparant to me u have never owned a 12 second car. Your statements implies that u have no real concept of what it takes, and how hard it is to get a car into the 12's.