Thread: D series Power
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 05:18 PM   #19
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
absolutely. How fast do u think that 283 horsepower D series will run on slicks?? Remember it does make 232 foot pounds of torque, but @ 6,000 RPM!!!! I know a stock H22A1 (190 HP version) in a hatch back runs 13.4's bone stock on slicks. I/H/E, dyno tuned with VAFC it runs low to mid 12's. I dont think this little D will break 12's. I would think low 13's maybe 12's if he is lucky. I can do all this for about 5,000 dollars or less including the price of the engine. I think that turbo D with the build up, the turbo kit, and the exhaust and everything that it took is way over that. I know someone who had a 2000 Civic Si (B16), ported heads, Spearco intercooler, Greddy turbo kit set @ 7 pounds, Apexi exhaust, Apexi VAFC, test pipe, on slicks ran a best of 13.4's. He spent a ton of money on this car and it wasnt that fast. Atleast to me it wasnt.

Ohh yeah BTW H22 ECU's are prolly the most poorly tuned ECUs that honda has (atleast that I am aware of). A friend of mine (yes the same guy who had a turbo Lude, his name is Mark BTW) knew someone who had a 98 Prelude Type S. This guy had the normal I/H/E. He also had cam gears and an Apexi VAFC. Aparantly this guy had his Lude tuned on the Dyno. Between the cam gears and VAFC he gained 22 WHP!!!!! Pretty incredible if u ask me (just a little dyno info for all u dyno graph lovers).

you dont think a 2400lb or so civic with almost 300flywheel hp can break into the 12's!?!?!!? that dyno i posted in the other thread had a d16 making about 235flyhp and he's run a 12.8 @ 3,000ft elevation, so bring that down to sea level and that'd be low 12's, in a hatchback.

alot of that stuff that was done to that engine wasnt even neccesary like the crower springs/retainers, ferrea valves, and resleeving and if your gonna resleeve an engine why keep the stock bore? it could have made additional power for free if they would have bored it out to 77-78mm.

also in a drag race i'd be more worried about making power in the upper rpms than down low where its not gonna get used anyway, i cant think of a time where i launched below 3500 where this engine is already making 150ftlbs of torque, which is right about the peak torque rating of a stock h22, and the amount isnt gonna increase to much on an engine with just i/h/e and tuning.

knowing someone who knows someone who dyno'd this isnt really a good argument.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote