View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 09:28 PM   #50
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I'm not calling BS on you dingo...but you've can't be too suprised that some are having trouble swallowing this. Depending on which mag or site those numbers you posted came from, it may or may not be realistic. Car & Driver, Road & Track, etc. ALWAYS post WAY higher 1/4 times than real enthusiast mags. MM&FF consistently posts times sometimes as much as .5 seconds lower in the 1/4 with the same bone stock cars. Maybe C&D get "friday" cars and the enthusiast mags get the "wednesday" cars. But even bone stock a Cobra will wax an Accord. I'd say the 14.00 you quoted is probably closer to 13.8-13.7 with even a capable driver. On the flipside, I'd be suprised (not amazed, but suprised) if a good driver could wring a 14.3 out of an Accord. But hey...that's just me. I'm not saying you didn't beat the guy...it's quite possible. Hell...I beat a Camaro SS in my Slownoma because the guy was such a terrible driver. I'm just saying that something is wrong with this picture. Either the guy was a horrible driver, he wasn't trying, or something was wrong with his car.
I pulled those numbers from peoples personal website. Alot of the idiots on the internet don't understand not all people drive perfect. Im telling the story exactly as it happened. I didn't run away from the car, i inched. i actually didn't expect to win at all. Unlike the douche bag said before, i don't care what anyone thinks, or what they believe. Including him. I stated the story exactly as it happened.
I guarantee you that the 6sp pulls better numbers than that. There is an auto with an intake running 14.5s on one of the boards i visit.

Im going to ignore this rest of this thread, it pointless and i honestly don't give a shit what he thinks. I even asked my girlfriend what she thought of the way shit happened and she agreed he was racing, and trying. And the guy further proves that by waving and giving me the thumbs up when he passed.

It was mention later in this thread that maybe it was a fake SVT ( i just skimmed through the post didn't read them yet). It very could have been! I thought it was an SVT because it said SVT on the back. I also believe he had flow masters because he had the sticker on the window. But if it was infact not an SVT, then I guess that would make all mustang guy liars and prone to lie (accord to mustangman's philosophy)
I know it wasn't a GT because my old STOCK civic would hang with the GTs and beat the normal mustangs. The accord is almost a full 2 seconds faster than the my civic. So you can take that as you will.