View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 04:10 AM   #44
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
hey mustang girl, why was the cobra not produced for a couple of years???? you seem to be quick on the dyno #'s of the new cobra but cant seem to recall the problems ford had with the older one. how convient.

why is it that its usually the mustang owners who talk shit on honda boards, I guess after they get beat by ls1's all the time they need something to make them feel better.

hmmm some interesting reading: http://www.atomicfrog.com/mirrors/ww...a_problems.htm

the only thing older cobra owners should be laughing at is themselves.

And you're quick to complain about a car that you have so little knowledge of you had to reference another site for info. Yes, the '99 cobras had problems...but Ford stepped up and fixed them. More than I can say for Mazda and the RX-8 where they want to buy back the cars they f@cked up. Cobras were not produced for one year...not a couple. That was a quality control issue due to the problems with the '99s to make sure it didn't happen again. If you want to compare real world reliability I'll go toe to toe with Honda any day. I just got done replacing my friend's alternator in her old school Civic about 2 months ago. She paid over $100 for it at the local parts store (best price of 3 different stores) and then about a month later the timing belt gave out and screwed up the valves. You wanna guess how much I got my alternator for? About $35 and it's lasted me these 5 long years flawlessly. Look...as an auto tech major I can tell you that no cars fail more than others. Every car model has it's problems. People just like to b!tch about domestics more. They buy domestics thinking they're built like tanks and find out they're built just like any import out there. That pisses them off so they go out of their way to b*tch about them. Imports are the opposite. If someone has a major problem they think it's a fluke...like their car is the only one so they don't make a big deal out of it. Back a few years ago there was this huge percieved problem with Camaros. People drove them like they stole them and complained out the ass when they had any sort of problem. And speaking of LS and LT series motors...what do you expect? The motors had 69 cubic inches over the Ford motor. That's like weighing a Honda vs. a Mustang. Of course they won't come out on top. But Camaro vs, GT and Cobra vs. SS you've got quite a wide price gap for the "extra" power that can be made up by a few small mods. Now the new Cobras are being compared to Vettes...something a Mustang was never designed to compete with, but it's doing it rather well. So, to summarize, please stick to berating cars you actually know something about. I won't pretend to know a ton about Hondas if you don't pretend to know the first thing about Cobras...although I'm sure you know fairly well what their tail lights look like.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika