View Single Post
Old 01-04-2002, 09:49 AM   #8
urbanlegend21

DemonicAccord:
I did not mean to be insulting to you and I apologize for that, but you do have a lot to learn about brakes.
Mommy and Daddy don't pay shit for me, so lets not go there. I have a lot of experience with brakes and setups. You have a misconception of what brakes are. People move to bigger rotors to fit larger calipers and pads. Your EBC green stuff pads have absolutley no place on the track, and offer no true performance stopping power. They have a great cold bite and keep their feel through a daily driving temperature range.
The brake conversion I described costs less than the AEM big rotor kit. Converting to a rotor over hub design is actually as cheap.
Todays pads do not have the gases that older pads do, so cross drilled rotors are a theory of the past. Go to a race track one time and see what most drivers use for pads and rotors. You will not see a lot of crossdrilled and slotted rotors and EBC or other common brake pads.
My experience with brakes comes from many days running at the track and working on many hondas, among other cars, during sessions to fix brake problems. There has been a many of time that we have pulled brand new slotted and cross drilled rotors off of the car and threw them in the trash to put Advance auto blanks on. I also have support from one of the better brake pad manufacturers on the market right now.