View Single Post
Old 01-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #6
DemonicAccord

Quote:
Originally posted by urbanlegend21

Now for the AEM big rotor kit. I see this as a complete waste of money. big rotors are not what give you stopping power, your pad contact patch and pad material is.

A larger disc will not overheat and cup as fast as a smaller rotor, depending on the casting quality and type of metal used

Quote:
so bigger calipers is what you need.

a-ha, I see, well, give me the extra $800 and get some Alcon 4 pot calipers right away. Not all of us have mommy and daddy buying our parts.

Quote:
second of all they charge even more because it is cross drilled and/or slotted.

Of course s/cd rotors will cost more, there is more production time and labor, this is simple business.

Quote:
This is not a true performance upgrade, it is a theory that it is better.

Yes, it is a performance upgrade. Slotting and or cding a rotor allows for the pads to gas off more quickly and evenly ensuring a more constant contact with the rotors, as opposed to those gasses building up under the pad, reducing the effectiveness of its designed function. This is not theory, its real world preformance.

Quote:

The real conversion is in using stock Honda parts.
1. Accord Wagon Brembo blank rotors 11"
2. NSX/ Accord Wagon calipers
3. ATE Super Blue High Temp fluid

That seems like a nice set up, but clearly the words "real conversion" are up to interpretation. By the way, I use MOTUL fluid and as of this afternoon, speaking of pad material, I now have EBC Green Stuffs instead of Nissins on there. The fact that the calipers on my vehicle are widely know to deflect badly with age is irrelevant. My stopping distance is dramatically shorter. Goal achieved, period.

Quote:

the thing you have to remember is that you have no clue what real braking is.

whoops! I forgot this was the learn through insults technique.

Quote:

If you have never experienced brake fade from overheating or smelled your brakes cooking you are no where close to needing any of this.

I have, thats why I got it. Simple as that.

Hey urban, how old are you? How long have you had an AEM upgrade that allows you to make these absolute statements about it? Oh, whats that? Don't have one? Figured. Well I do, it works, it was cheap, looks good, and was easy to install. Sorry I don't have Brembos, but guess what, Brembo has many levels of quality. Next time, do your research, use product #s, stop bashing, and get your facts straight. Then, maybe, I will take you seriously.