View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #28
illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
It hit so hard that my mirror bounced off the windshield a couple of times and driving at night your vision distorts and it is hard to see the road and the dash board when they become all wavy!

With my 2 12"s it hits so hard I'm on my 8th rear view mirror in 2 years. They keep snapping right at the base of the stalk. As far as using the mirror? not when the system is bumpin', can't even see out of my side mirrors when it's cranked. The system cost me more than just the parts themselves, it's a progressive cost lol. On top of the rear view mirrors($29 each from the dealer) I had a small rock chip that turned into a complete spidered window in less than 5 minutes after the rock chip happened. I've had to have my trunk lid replaced because the bass ripped the skin off of the ribs and warped the crap out of the trunk(I now have it glued very well with 2 ton epoxy, and a layer of dynamat extreme), I've had to have my back window taken out and resealed because the bass lifted it a bit and I had a leak on the back deck. Ahhh the fun of bass, this system is nowhere near as nasty as my last car, a stroker 18" in 8cf with 4kw going to it