Thread: D15b VTec
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 09:06 PM   #18
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
.....im only buying the D15B vtec to mess around with. plus for as cheap as this one site i found. it really isnt cost me major bucks. 250 buck plus shipping. they are within pick up instead of delivery. so why not? can you give me a reason?...
Reason? i say reasons......hhhmmm let's see..... With the exception of what AzCivic already mentioned, have you tuned your suspension to compensate a B18 (heavier) engine? Have you gathered all the tools that you need for the B swap? Not trying to start anything here, but if you really want to know how all these things work, go to a junkyard and pick up a $99 Honda engine instead. At least that is how much it is here... yes, even the B-series.... you just wont find it, except the LS (found 3 of them).

I guess I just look at it different. If I have the same intentions as you, which is to learn the tech behind that engine, I would just read up or fix a few of my friend's SOHC engine. But who am I judge, I spent close to $1K for GReddy gauges alone . To each, his own........ Goodluck

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote