View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 02:11 PM   #42
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
Here are the major ways that stroking manufactures torque:

1. An increase in cubic inches creates more displacement, and more displacement means more torque.

2. A longer stroke is like a lever acting on the crankshaft; in practical terms it's like using a breaker bar instead of a ratchet handle.

3. More displacement facilitates a higher compression ratio without resorting to outlandish piston domes that disturb flame travel.

4. A longer stroke creates faster piston speed, so the piston can create more of a pressure drop to fill the cylinder more completely at low rpm. 5. It is thought by some that increasing stroke without increasing the length of the connecting rod builds torque because piston-speed dynamics and the rod ratio create more cylinder pressure at maximum rod angularity, at which point the rod has the greatest mechanical advantage over the crank. In a street engine, lengthening the stroke without changing anything else usually favors low-end torque, not high-rpm horsepower.

happy? This is about as simple as I can get it. The actual theories are very complex and I am not getting into it now

way to copy and paste off of other websites , so if you copy this and a whole lot of other people have copied this then it must be true...

not to mention this has all been mentioned already.

oh, also I know alot of "jet technicians"(mechanics) and most of them dont know crap about cars, so thats not really going to cut it as an explanation of why you just know(think you know) so much.

Last edited by AzCivic : 01-01-2004 at 04:24 PM.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote