View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 10:04 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by illusion
I wasn't trying to be a complete penis although it may have come off that way. My angst was more general than directed towards you. Maybe it's just the frustantion of driving THE slowest car I've ever owned and constantly getting egged on or picked on simply by the looks of my car. I have fartcan exhaust, because it sounds good and that I got a $600 axle back for $50 because some kid was hurting for money and for $50 I figured what the hell, and they sound VERY nice despite their appearance, very deep and grumbly. I just get sick of people coming up and revving me because I suppose I seem to look like I like to street race, although the only person I'll race under normal circumstances, is myself alone on my bike.

I suppose I jumped down your throat due to the inordinate amount of attacks I've seen since I've been back online(spent 6 months overseas then came back and had carpal tunnel surgery so I was out of the loop for a while). Your post just struck me as the typical "I have a domestic, you have a piece of shit" kind of post and ruffled my already ruffled feathers. I apologize for coming off like that.

I guess my end point was that not all import owners are knuckleads, wait that's one of my favorite motors, Boneheads. It gets on my wick when folks typify import owners, because some of us, even some who like the wrench on their cars, aren't 2F2F street ricers....errr racers...EVEN with fart can exhaust, huge stereo, and other cute ammenities.

Again I apologize for bleeding at the crotch. I was in a foul mood, and for some reason I took your post personally.

P.S. Good looking ride, I wasn't poking at you by the picture, I was was just trying to picture yours in my head with all of the goodies underneath. Although my fav stang is a 67~68 Notchback with the 302 windsor. I'd sell my wife for one, or maybe the wife and some extra cash? lol.

No harm no foul. Believe me, I understand how a lot of...make that most of...domestic owners bash import drivers constantly (I am, after all, still a member of a few Mustang message boards) and when I first came here people were totally on the defensive, which is why I still retain from posting every race I have, especially against imports. Even with the folks around here who know me some can still get a bit touchy about such things. I used to be that way until I made friends with some local guys who own a speed shop and saw a lot of hard running imports (800hp TT Supra, big power TT Nissan 350Z, etc.) along with all of the "muscle cars" and a few exotics. I to admired these guys with import cars who I figured I could take any day of the week and twice on Sundays turning in times close to mine and had the "I can do anything you can do better" look on their face at a stoplight. I can totally see why all of the guys who responded negatively did so, but at least your criticism was a bit more articulated than theirs. Not just "you suck...my car's better". But in any event I appreciate the apology...and perhaps I should offer one of my own for choice comments. But like I said...no harm no foul.

Oh...and Hondaman...suck it you filthy post whore.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote