View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

dont even attempt it unless your car is somewhat warm (panels break really easily when its cold.......trust me)

1) remove the rear seats - fold them down and pull up the carpet on each one on both corners and undo the 2 bolts per side. then undo the bolt that holds the 2 sections together (at the bottom of the divide on the 40's side)

2) undo the 1 bolt that holds the bottom of the seat - its almost in the middle attaching the seat to the floor boards. once its removed just pull the seat up (some big ass clips in the front...pull from the rear and they should come up ok)

3) remove the tapped clips (look like |=== ) that hold the panels in place...i think there are 3 or 4....one of them is kinda out of sight in a "pocket" (hard to describe when im tired)

4) now just find a good place to tug at and...pull em off. Like I said, if its cold dont bother because they will crack and break so much easier. I wouldnt call it easy...but its not difficult. You'll see what has to move and which way once you get this far.

5) (unplug the 3rd brake light connector first) rear panel comes out by first removing that ring around the lock to fold the seats...pop that off with a putty knife or something. the just push the front of the deck upward until it pops off (push up once on the corners and once in the middle...it should come off). Now just lift the front upward and slide the deck out (the rear is held in by the same clips, but you dont need to remove them...just slide the panel away from them)

install speakers and reverse the instructions to reinstall
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote