View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
sc0rch

Alarm and Keyless entry in 95 civic

i spent all day saturday trying to install this damn alarm/keyless entry in my car....and well.........i went and followed another sites wire color codes and they were correct....so i found all the wires and started T taping them together........so i get almost all of them hooked up and nothing happens......the alarm is on..but nothing else....doors dont unlock..dome light doesnt come on and the parking lights dont flash.......

so i get so aggrivated that i take the door panel off and pull the plug from the lock switch......

now my alarm has a green negative wire and a purple positive wire for the door lock.......so i stick those wires into the plug in every possible combination and hit the locvk and unlock button on the key pad and nothing works......when the purple wire touches either side of the plug it either locks or unlocks but doesnt do anything when i hit the key pad....so i'm lost and frustrated and ready to kill........

anyone have any clue why nothing is working.......

here is the link to the PDF manual for the model of alarm i have

http://www.ultrastarters.com/manuals...-INSTALL-U.pdf

all the wires i have connected are the ignition,constant 12v power,ground and parking light wire (that doesnt work) i havent hooked up the siren yet because i wasnt gonna bother with it till i know for sure that thin thing is gonna work