View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 01:11 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
kinda how the car world is though...neverending
ever thought about just an exedy organic? Theyre good equipment and cheaper than act or clutchmasters.

oh and because i didnt say it before... the teg numbers are pretty nice
Exedy organic is one of my choices. I actually found some cheap ones at www.prostreetonline.com. I kind of wanted something higher grade since I dont want to reaplace this again for a while. The Teg numbers are lacking of torque. The weird thing is, my friend with a B18C5 pulled off exactly 1 HP higher than my JDM B18C but he came up with a 125 ft/lb torque. I'm not too worried about it tho since the turbo will bring those numbers up.

Quote:
i thought it's a bad idea to lighten a flywheel on a boosted engine...how in gods name u get the money to boost two cars...damn....i got enough to keep gas in one
To some extend, it is bad to lighten the flywheel on a turboed car. I really havent made up my mind on that yet. What made me really curious was seeing a street car lightened flywheel. Chances are, I may not even mess with it due to funds. As far as being able to afford boosting 2 cars..... I really cant . On the other hand, my civic is paid off, and I had a geat deal on the Teg. I'm not married anymore and no kids. In actuality, I average bills like most of you. I just dont do anything else with my extra money but spend it on my car but only certain percentages. The rest go to my "buy-a-house" fund .

Quote:
those #'s dont look all that bad. did you have a chance to see what the air/fuel mix was on the civic? and do you have the timing retarded alot on it?
oh, what are the cam gears set on on the teg?
The dyno run was just a pass... no tuning involved. That is why I didnt get any A/F ratio info. It was a $50 fee for 2 runs on an HP competition that doesnt happen often around here. I knew I wasnt gonna win. I just wanted to know how much HP both of my cars have. My civic is running on stock timing with no detonation. I will mess with this during the tuning process on the dyno.... and I havent really checked the timing set on the cam gears on my teg....daym azvcivic... thanks for reminding me.... he he he he.
Quote:
the numbers on the civic don't look bad at all. 175whp ( well i assume it was a chassis dyno)? that's damn nice

That's the torque bro. WHP is 166.
Quote:
#s aren't bad...like you said its only holdin' 8 psi and spikin' to 10 psi...and i'm sure the beat up clutch has alot to do with the lower than expected numbers..i can only dream that my civic havin' that much power and that mighty impressive torque!!
The clutch was not as bad during the dyno run. It got fried later that evening when my stupid arse tried racing my friend. You civic will pull higher numbers than this with that 19T. Get a high-flo cat and better fuel management running with bigger injectors. I know somebody running the same turbo and stock engine as mine at 11 psi on Hondata but pushing 203 at the wheels.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote