View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 12:32 PM   #20
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Whoa! I didn't think of it like that. Wow. Ok, um, damn. Well, she did say to let her know and it's ok to talk about things..........what I don't understand is why she gets so upset. No one likes to hear the truth about themselves, myself included but I've learned to deal with it. It reminds me of the saying "don't ask a question you don't want to hear the answer to". Girls, the classic, "am I fat?" guys, "was it good?" These answers can be very bitter pills depending on your self esteem. It really sounds like she's got a low self esteem (something I recognize, I've got it too but it varies from low to none) and other issues that you can't really help her with until she wants you to. I mean it really does sound like she wants to do/say things but is scared out of her mind and doesn't want to then gets a burst of courage than does it but then later regrets it. You can be there for her for those times when she's ready to but this is something YOU have got to be able to deal with too. If this is something you want to do and it won't be easy or short, please don't forget to lookout for yourself too. Don't get pulled under too. Best wishes to you both.