View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 12:16 AM   #5
blind34_1

like it was said, it all depends on what your plans are. I personally have had good results with my Apexi WS catback. I noticed a slight top end power gain, but anything wlse is speculation.

also, you said your looking for an exhaust for your car, so just for clarification these are all of the components for your exhaust:

Exhaust Manifold or Header: being that we are four bangers, we have only one "header" even though so many people mistakenly say "headers". This is the piping that comes off of the engine and goes down to the ground to the some more piping. many times your o2 sensor is located in the bottom portion of the header.

Mid Section Piping to the Cat (or I don't know the technical name for this part, somebody help me out here): This is the part going from the header to the catalytic converter.

Catalytic converter or Cat: This is what keeps you environmentally friendly. If yours is toasted and rattling, you can remove it, punch out all the material inside, and re install it. technically this a federal crime, so do it at your discretion.

Catback piping: this is everything from the cat back towards the rear. this is what a lot of people buy when they are referring to an 'exhuast'. typically cat back exhausts bolt right up to the cat, and include all piping back to the rear, piping over an axle, and includes a new hisher flow muffler and big exhaust tip. you get what you pay for. good brands are usually greddy, apexi, tanabe, comptech, etc. bad brands would be pacesetter, etc.

axel back: this is basically everything from over the axel and back. includes muffler and exhaust tip, and some intermediate piping.

(ANYONE please feel free to correct where I'm sure I've made a mistake. I could be talking out my arse on more than a few things.)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote