View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
Civickid0to60

Me Vs. Turbo Del Sol

Well, I'm on my way home at like 2 in the morning and i pull into an empty well lit wal-mart parking lot. I was fighting with my girlfriend on the phone and I can't drive and talk at the same time. Well, almost exactly after me and her got things smoothed away and i hung up the phone. I see headlights coming towards me, at first i was afriad it might be cops trying to get me for "criminal loitering". But, to my relief it was a del sol with two kids in it. He pulled up next to me and rolled down his window and asked what my car was. I told him, he smirked, and asked if I wanted to race. I said sure why not, he said hows 20 bucks sound cause thats all ive got. I had 40 on me, and i would have probably spent 20 dollars in sheetz anyway (i love their food). So, I asked him what all he had in there and what model his car was. It was a 97 del sol s, he told me a full 16 g turbo set up and an intake. He asked what I had and told him, an intake, full exhaust, ported manifold etc... neglected to tell him about the supercharger. Until he said is taht it? And then I started my engine, and when at idle or when your slowing down or driving slow, you can really hear the supercharger hissing. So he is like damn! This should be a nice race! So I followed him to the light, and lined up with him there, its a dead straight road , so when the light turned green, he slammed it, and spun his tires like crazy. I had the best launch of my life, and was ahead by 2 cars, then i heard his turbo spooling and going off behind me. He cut it down to probably about 1 car, and was gaining, i just stayed on it, and came out the winner by probably less then a car. Then we lined up rolling and talked, he asked if I wanted to go for double or nothing from 40 mph. I said sure, so, we slowed it down, honked three times, and took off. I got ahead of him quickly, but he was still on my rear bumper, then he caught up but I heard a grind, and he fell back. It turns out he missed 3rd. But I won 40 bucks, but that was a DAMN fast car. If you guys ever see a lime green del sol, with gunmetal rims and a 200 lb. mexican guy driving it......i wouldnt mess with him. I'm suprised he caught up that quickly though, his car is really heavy while mine is not....musta been a damn good turbo set up.