View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

"P$ you smart devil"

Just sharing-

Well...at the very end of day 3 and over 5 runs to ACE and Home Depot.......I finally finished the rear camber install (...although now I realize I forgot to torque down the right side...damn...).

The cause of the whole problem were the bolts that had seized in the sleeves near the trailing arm....so....by traveling to Home Depot and purchasing no less than four 10" carbide cutting discs and ghetto fab'ing them to my ancient black and decker drill...'I cut em sons a bi*ches'...sleeves, bolts, nuts, shoulders, that rubber crap...all of it. Oh, and then smoothing it all out and painting the arms to prevent rust on newly shaved areas...

I made my way to ACE (home depot sucks for nuts and bolts) and I purchased stainless steel parts of the following: 2 bolts, 2 lock nuts, 4 lock washers, 4 tooth washers, 4 big "honkin" washers...and another cutting disc for future problems (not of the stainless steel variety). Returned home and very securely bolted my stuff on.

Excessive? Yes. Functional? Yes. Safe and secure? You bet your ass.

Problem solved

I would like to thank Molly at ACE for being so damn cute and nice everytime I went, the fat old dude at HD for knowing where to find the discs, and my sisters slow, yet functional, 01 cavalier
(oh and on a side note, air tools would not have helped in this situation...the bolts were NOT coming out of the sleeves)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote