View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 04:06 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

Re: For o2 si or whoever about turbos

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaved &/or Laid
Wastegate - Just get an internal one, or pull one off a mitsubishi/ Garrett. If its good enough for porsche its good enough for a civic

You can't really swap wastegates from company to company... even model to model most times...

If it's an internal wastegate it's generally attached to the turbo... if not you can order parts from lots of places...

and also internal waste gates suck ass... they're half the reason it takes soooo long to spool a small turbo... the external type are WAY better and generally allow MUCH faster spooling.

it's VERY important if looking at turbo's with internal wastegates to inspect the sealing surface of the wastegate itself... if there are cracks in the cast (which there generally are) it will leak and take EVEN longer to spool...

I had a ihi rhb5 which I WAS going to put on and The wastegate would open with almost ANY air pressure... this would make for laggy operation... You want the wastegate to be shut when it should be and open when it should be... not in a constant state of niether...