View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 01:50 PM   #60
nonovurbizniz

cougar you're arguing a point that was never made...

wet kits are MUCH better... period there is no arguing it...

if you're arguement that stock injectors can't handle running BOTH the liquid gas and liquid nitrous... I believe in most wet kits they include injectors DESIGNED to run both at the proper volumes or have seperate injectors for the nitrous and the fuel... Hell even most dry kits have an extra FUEL injector that you place in the intake tube or near the tb... it dumps fuel in to compansate for the nitrous.

beyond that if it was a small shot they could... you see, the temperature drop that occurs with the conversion of liquid nitrous to nitrous gas usually gobbles up boost... in order to prevent this you need directport injection which our cars do not have... also most people running civics with turbos have already upgraded they're injectors...

one of the most common "junkyard" setups is dsm 400cc injectors with a VERY crude controller (smp)..

to clear up some more convusion you have conveyed...

A. honda's don't have MAF sensors they have MAP sensors...

you're MAF (Mass Air Flow) is FAR more accurate at detecting volume of air at a given temperature (it knows how many O molecules there are in normal air and it multiplies that by the volume that has passed by it.)
Our MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) is MORE than capable of reading boost... it's our ecu that won't do anything about it.. with the use of an in-between box you can change the signals so that it doesn't read the boost and the same fuel maps for non-boost work fine on the 400cc injectors as long as the ecu doesn't figure out they're 400cc not 200 or so.

B. CHIPS SUCK... if you think they're cool sweet... have fun living in the 80's... MJ rocks too.

Chips be they single or double sided... are lame... they do not change EVER they do not do anything more accurately. In most cases they just DUMP fuel and advance timing... I can do that on my own... Even if they are tuned well to YOUR car (not model your actuall car.) they lose all benifit once ANYTHING changes on your car... whether it be new parts or old ones not working like they did THAT DAY.

NO ONE would argue that a chip is better than a standalone or ecu modding device. There are TONS of manual devices which will benifit you more than a chip for purposes of fuel addition. and as far as timing advance... if you can't figure that out you're helpless.

C. Dry kits SUCK for boost... the introduction of the liquid nitrous into the HOT BOOSTED air causes temperature and therefore PRESSURE drop... it will evaporate off ALL the boost by the time it gets into the cylinder.

The whole point of running a wet system with boosted apps. is that it does not cause as much pressure drop.... It converts from a liquid to a gas IN the combustion chamber which is sealed preventing the same pressure drop that would occur in the intake tubes...

It's like increasing the volume of the chamber AFTER it's sealed by the valves through the expansion of the nitrous.

It is also so that the fuel and nitrous mix better decreasing chances of hotspots and running lean which both as I'm SURE you know lead to detonation... not a FI engine's friend.