Thread: 2f2f
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 07:33 AM   #53
venom122
1st Gear

Where to start... I also went in expecting a shitty movie from the start. After the bad acting and writing of the first one, a change in director, and losing their main actor I had set all hopes aside. Between flying cars and high speed reverse I lost all hope for seriousness in the moive.

As much as was wrong with the film I still enjoyed it. Atleast they are making movies about ... well sort of about a street racing community. I liked gone in 60 seconds better than both movies combined. I ended up seeing 2f2f on a sunday morning and the theatre was packed even then. Our local theatre had a huge opening on Friday and I took a cruise through just to check out some of the rides. My friends local car club had reserved front row spots i guess it was suppost to be eye candy for movie goers. Some of the cars there were nice but most were stock rust buckets with satellite dishes mounted on the trunk. I think what stood out the most and made me say "What the..." was a crotch rocket covered in tiger fur. Saturday A&A auto stores held a car show but it poored so I bailed on that. Just for the Honda Crew to know my friends Prelude won, Honda ruled for that day.

By critical standards the movie sucked more than the intake on a turbo. But it was the kind of movie I like.... fun
venom122 is offline   Reply With Quote