View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 04:52 PM   #41
cougarsvt
1st Gear

[=On my Mazda MX6 GT (Turbo) I have an ECU Chip, although it's not "double-sided" as I don't see how that would work seeings how there's usual only pins on one side to plug in to the circuit board.. But what it does is takes my fuel and boost cut away. Everything else is controller by my Holley FMU, and when I upgrade to a bigger turbo I will most likely get the Motec M4 Programmable ECU so I can run the bigger turbo on any boost I choose and if I want add some N20 as well. [/b][/quote]

Unless you get something like Greddy E-manage, chips will allways be the best way to tune your car( for under$400). Keep in mind the Greddy E-manage is $1200+....a chip with the same qualities is under $400. If your going to want to change your timing every day or week and change air/fuel everyday or week your better off getting the chip. Most companies will reflash your chip for very cheap if not free.
Ive never heard of ANYONE not chipping their car if they are serious about performance. Just not smart. All i have is the Apexi Boost controller and the chip.l

T3/T4E Hybrid,stageIII turbine, 50 trim, 0.48 Exh, Ball Bearing $1,050.00

T3/T4E Hybrid,stageIII Turbine,50 trim, 0.48 Exh, std series $700.00

Full Complete Turbo Kits For $3,000.00 From Turbonetics with a Ball Bearing Turbo!!

Spearco IC's from $200.00

Deltagate EVO for $200.99

PHONE #: 937-336-1462 Open for calls Monday-Sat Til 5:00PM

Stephen N Brown
Owner of Top Performance
cougarsvt is offline   Reply With Quote