Thread: TIMING BeLT
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #22
nonovurbizniz

Yeah... belts never go... RIGHHHHHHHT... I've worked at shops since I was 16...

I've NEVER scene a chain go.. I had 160K+ on my stock chain.. brought it to nissan they were like... don't worry dude it ain't going anywhere... and if it did it was a non-interferance motor..

I've PERSONALLY seen over 10 cars that either slipped or snapped a timing belt... belts are made of RUBBER... chains are made of metal... the only dis-advantage to a chain is the higher rotating mass... which isn't even that bad. belts sit on an open sides pulley... chains ride teeth making it all but impossible to slip.

I've seen at least 10 maximas with over 200k and NO replacement chain... I am more than aware that chains can and do go however with MUCH less frequency than belts do.

and poster... even with your "plan"... what the F are you going to do when you're doing 85 on a backroad and your timing belt goes... you know it'll probobly cause an accident right? You also risk VERY high speed flying metal pieces and fire... not exactly a good plan... change the belt...

Oh and I got my pump and ALL the belts for less than 200 from an online honda parts store. yes geniune honda BRAND NEW pump.