View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #34
RavingCivic

some other people also said it about GREDDY specifically around the WELDS.

YEs i am going to put on the HIGH FLOW CAT when i put the exhaust on, no point in driving 100 miles to go home to do it twice, is there?

Also if Thermal is SS then i really dont think there will be a problem with rusting, (as i do remember that is one of the benefits of SS)

so i dunno if i am gonna have the problem of rusting inside the resonator.

YES they both sound good, YES i can get the Greddy CHEAPER, by about $45. But i do think that Stainless Steel will sound better, and again as soon as i get home i will find out HOW THICK the pipes are for both Exhausts.

ALSO if the person welding KNOWS wtf they are doing then i am sure ui can weld ANY exhuast. HELL i used a ARC welder on my FORD RANGER at 50 amps...NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT..it was hard cause it kept eating through but i finally laid over enough layers to get it to work

TIG or MIG welders will do fine unless the piping is paper thin, of which i wouldnt have in the first place

i will call THERMAL and GREDDY also to find out how often they have to fix exhuasts for rusting and other problems (if they will tell me)

DAN