View Single Post
Old 12-11-2001, 09:34 AM   #3
slowEJ6

cutting is not necessary for this swap anymore, you do need custom mounts though which can be found on www.gropubuycenter.com and even some places will give you the mounts when you buy the whole swap through them. however this motor is a bit hard on the suspension due to the immense amount of power and torque compared to B series engines so putting down some cash on a great suspension setup - say APEXi N1's or Tanabe Sustec Pro's would be a good idea.
I know a guy with a silver EK (6th gen hatch) that has a prelude swap, he says its not good if you enjoy taking turns fast due to the difference in weight and increase in torque.
if you prefer drag racing in a straight line its great, he runs 12.6 with very minor mods.
also, it is possible to keep your AC working in the car but, might run you a bit more. i was thinking of this swap myself until i talked to the guy, ive now downgraded (power wise) to most likely choosing the B18C5 yet upgrading (in price, by about $2000+ ) cuz id rather be road racing or autoX than drag racing. if you need any more help or info feel free to ask!
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote