View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 05:38 PM   #11
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
A. I think by "by fourth" he meant the top of third... ie by the time he had shifted to forth and looked dude was FAR behind him...

B. I may have mis-worded a bit... he did occaisionally rev it up and pop the clutch... but by 60-110 launches I meant more along the line of driving at like 60 in 4th then dropping it to 3rd but rev matching so it was spooled up (a little over-reved.)... and the car would either just hunker down and go REAL fast... or when he did goose it before poping the clutch go a little sideways... no it wasn't smart and I wasn't very appreciattive of it at the time but since I walked out ok it was great... Like I said it was one of very few times I've been genuinely scared in a car. Oh and his reasoning to do it was to scare the piss out of me cuz I had just said you can't scare me... I've realized that's just not a smart thing to say to someone... I wasn't shitting but it makes people push stuff a little too far which can have VERY bad results.

also he wasn't exactly concerned with the internals... I already mentioned he plugged the wastegate tube.... He got it to have something quick stock while he waited for a settlement... then he sold it and bought the mustang...and went NUTS...

oh ok i get you.... lol he shoulda kept the turbo though!

if i could do it all again i say BUH BYE 5.0...

to much down time for maintenance

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote