View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #46
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Man GT40,

I dont know about you, but Id rather see kids driving civics then V8s. Because lets be honest, most of the kids these days cant handle real power. They are to irresponsible. I guess I would think of tuning imports as a stepping stone for most kids. They see how much fun it is to mod civics, etc. Then as they get more into it they realize the difference in displacement, and how much more potential they have.

I think its a great thing. Because whether you drive an import or a domestic, we all have one thing in common.. The love for cars.

dido...

gt40 IS right.... opak once again you've bitten off more than you can chew...

even if you ONLY included 80+ cars there are WAY more people messing with domestic than american... and don't forget the the "import" market TOTALLY includes:

Eagle talons plymouth lasers (ya I know they're dsm's making them essentially rebadged mitsu's)

Ford Focus (one of the largest aftermarket support vehicles out... try finding a v8 swap for your civic + it moves to rwd)

Dodge Neon THEY OWN YOU at auto-x and at the drag strip for the money you'll have a MUCH faster "tuner" car if you dumped the money people throw at honda/acura's into a neon (sure it'll be ugly still but... form or function?).

As sad as it is the Cavalier has a HUGE following as well I see TONS of modded cav's driving around

PLUS.... Pontiac (any pontiac will own you they rock), Buick (stock super chargers available) Olds (ok NO ONE tunes oldsmobiles anymore but they're FAST stock cars and DIRT cheap) Saturn (HUGE MARKET and typically own civics with the same money dumped in)

and ALL of this goes without including the ford mustang following....

And if you think that 95+ mustangs go unmodded your retarded... there are SO many more parts. better build and design quality... and on top of it all THEY ARE CHEAPER.. a set of eagle rods for my 1.6 will cost upwards of 375... 8 bigger stronger rods with pistons, pins and wrings could be had for 450-500 for a 350, 302, 351, 400,

My buddy had his 70' 400 block FULLY rebuilt with ALL forged bottom end components, a new valve train including stainless valves for under 1000 bucks.

a similar set up plus having a place do that would cost me like 2-5k and i'd still need to get it sleeved.

Domestic guys hate on honda's because for the most part it's just some kid who thinks he has a fast car trying to make him waste his gas to show the kid what a slow pile of dogcrap he has.

Do you have ANY idea how many times a year some dude just chilling driving his mustang (modded or not) gets revved on by some dumbass in a civic that has i/h/e... it's just dumb and it makes EVERYONE who drives a civic look dumb.

civics are cool.... LOOKING that's it... till it's boosted to the hilt it's slow... once it is boosted to the hilt... it's overpowered for the chassis.

the "quickest" civic you could hope for to drive on the street SAFELY without TONS of drivability issues would be like 240 whp and even then you'd have TONS of traction loss.

I know a kid who had a 38k del sol... it's totally undrivable... he got tired of it sold it and got a mustang...